VNA Difference – Our Compassionate Guidance
- Our first priority is you, our patients and families not our stockholders…because we don’t have any. We are a nonprofit, charitable, 501c3 home-healthcare and hospice agency. We’re not a franchise, we’re not a corporate subsidiary. We’re a charity that has been trusted to serve the Philadelphia community for the past 130 years. Throughout our rich history, we’ve focused solely on patients’ health. We’re the true pioneer of public- health nursing. We’re your trusted resource for helping you navigate difficult healthcare decisions.
- Selecting the right nursing care for yourself or a family member is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. You have a lot of choices. How do you know that you’re making the right one? Start by asking yourself what you are looking for in nursing care. Skill, yes, experience and knowledge, of course. But do you want more than that? Are you looking for a home-nursing agency that will care for the whole person, the whole family, and the whole community? We’re your partner.
- When patients require care for chronic or acute illnesses, we have many options to help them stay at home. Our clinicians see between 1100 and 1200 patients every day in the five county Philadelphia metro area. Nurses, physical, occupational, and speech therapists; social workers and home- health aides promote recovery, maximize independence in daily living activities, and teach patients and families how to manage chronic illness. Healthcare decisions involve many tough choices. We’re here as a longstanding member of the community to offer options and help you respect your loved one’s wishes.
- Our physician-led palliative-care program provides expert symptom management as well as compassionate nurse practitioners, social workers, and chaplains. They are experts in discussing end selecting the right care plan for you.
- If the time comes for hospice care, VNA Philadelphia empowers patients and families to make informed choices about fulfilling their remaining days. A coordinated program of services enables patients to live fully and comfortably wherever they call home, including nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. We understand that family members may feel overwhelmed when caring for a terminally ill loved one. We provide care that addresses that patient’s and the family’s physical, spiritual, and emotional needs.
- The VNA Hospice of Philadelphia also supports the bereaved and helps them cherish the memory of their loved one. Everyone has access to our support services. We hold special services throughout the year—a tree lighting in the winter and a butterfly release in the spring—to honor those who have passed.
- Our difference, what sets us apart, what makes us the best, is the compassionate care of our people. We’ll respond to you quickly when you need us. We’ll be your partner day or night. We’ll take good care of your loved one and we’ll take care of you, too.